Welcome to the Kansas City Bier Meisters Homebrew Club!
|Everyone is invited to join our FaceBook Group and connect with our local and extended family of homebrewers.|
A huge thank you you to everyone who participated in the KCBM XXXI Competition - to everyone who entered, as well as our volunteers including the cellar staff, judges, and stewards, to our sponsors for all their support and finally to the CWA Local 6360 and Cinder Block Brewery who kindly allowed the use of their facilities.
Results are posted at http://www.kcbiermeisters.org/comp/. Congratulations to all our winners! A special congratulations to our Best of Show Winners: Nathan Briscoe - BOS Beer and Roger Gibson - BOS Mead/Cider, both of which are KCBM members.
Congratulations to local homebrewerOur friends at Cinder Block Brewery are sponsoring this year's KCBM Competition. They will be choosing one lucky brewer's recipe to be scaled up on their 15 BBL system! The lucky brewer will get to brew with Bryce and Bucky on Cinder Block's Premier Stainless 15BBL system. The beer will then be put on tap for all to enjoy in their taproom in North Kansas City.
Entries are limited to 600, so enter early and enter often!
February 21, 2014: No Meeting!! We will be hosting our 31st annual homebrew competition. Come and join us for the festivities. Complete details here.
- Date: March 21, 2014 (3rd Friday of each month, except December and Februrary!)
- Time: Social Drinking begins at 7:00 pm. The meetings start promptly at 7:30 pm.
- Location: Communication Workers of America Union Hall, 6415 Universal Ave, Kansas City, MO
- This Month's Topic: Jackie Rager, founding KCBM member, BJCP National Judge and Owner of Bacchus & Barleycorn, LTD will be discussing the Rager hop utilization formula that he invented and that you have seen in most homebrewing software.
- Guests: You are always welcome at our meetings. Come by and have a couple of beers on us! If you want more info about our club, just check out our Club Information link.
April 18, 2014 Topic: Our own Jennifer Helber, BJCP judge and owner of Grain to Glass Home Brew shop will be previweing and demonstrating her National Homebrew Conference talk "How Good is Your Grist." She will demonstrate and quanitfy various member's crushed grain to evaluate the effectiveness of your grain mill and its effect on extract efficiency.
May 16, 2014 Topic: "Show and Tell" of the best brewing gadgets. We will also have officer elections.
Revised: Feb 17, 2014 (Steve C)
Annual Dues: (Club Fiscal Year Starts on June 1st each year)
June 2013 membership dues are $24 for both individuals and family membership.